We love engagement shoots here at Nuptial HQ. They’re a great way for the happy couple to share their excitement in the run-up to their big day and they’re also a great excuse to show off the ring! Today we’re super excited to share our first engagement shoot with you from Stevie Jay Photography of happy couple Sarah and Phillip, taken in Beaumont Park, Huddersfield.
As these images show, engagement shoots needn’t be formal or stuffy. If you’re not sure whether you want an engagement shoot of your own, here are our reasons why we think an engagement shoot is a great idea:
1. It gives you an opportunity to get to know your photographer and their shooting style and similarly they can get to know you as well. If you’re totally relaxed then they’re much more likely to capture a special moment.
2. Not many of us are used to having paparazzi follow our every move, so having an engagement shoot is a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera. Take the opportunity to find out what are your best poses, how to stand, etc. It’s great practice for the big day.
3. It gives you a chance to show off the ring.
4. If you’re having the shoot in the same place where you’re planning to have your wedding photos, then engagement shoots are a great way for the photographer to scout out the premises and find all the best locations to get the best shots.
5. If sending out Save-the-Dates and an engagement shoot are both on your checklist then you can combine the two. Engagement shoot photographs are great for Save-the-Dates and it means you can share the photos with more of your loved ones.
1. Pick a spot that has meaning, like the location of your first date, or the location of the proposal.
2. If you want to use the pictures for your Save-the-Dates, then wear outfits in colours that compliment your wedding colour scheme.
If you want to see more of Sarah and Phillip’s engagement photos, then please click on the gallery below:
Thank you to Sarah and Phillip for sharing your photos with us. If you want to see more of Stevie’s work, then click here.